06 July 2008

If you're leaving leave the cigarettes

an update on my life right now.
i'm going to florida at the end of the week (very excited) with katie and her family, which is going to be pretty awesome i hope. i bought some new clothes and am going to get a mani/pedicure before i go, as well as a hair trim (i love my new shorter style). i pretty much can't wait for the trip.
i hope i can get my car fixed tomorrow. they have to put a new computer in it because the last one fried. ugh. so i have no a/c right now. not fun with temps topping out in the upper 90s. 
my job has been delayed, which isn't really fun. it means i don't have an income until august. and i don't want to start a part time job for a month. so i'm sol and living on handouts. which is also not fun. 
i'm pretty excited to be part of a poetry blog. it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. i'm thinking of posting more of my poems online and working being a better poet. i pretty much suck as it is. ugh. i probably need to put some more of my fiction online and work on making it better. maybe i can get some constructive criticism from this community of poets. 
i'm also itching to start school. i'm working on my early childhood education degree. i didn't actually think that's what i wanted to do, until i kept looking at my options and kept coming back to that one. so i'm finishing my associates this year. i'd prefer to work at a private school, but i'm not sure how well that will work out.
nick goes home from a week off of school, so i'm pretty depressed.
but other than that, life is pretty darn good. 

No comments: