12 June 2008

Storms

we had a really bad storm last night. the lightning struck our house (it sounded like a huge lightbulb popped) and killed our telephone and (of all things) our garage door opener. therefore, i am currently sitting at krystal with katie using their free wi-fi and drinking a delicious (much to my surprise) smoothie. 
this week has pretty much sucked. i got a sinus infection on monday and it just won't go away. ugh. i've been miserable for a while (it's like nick gave me his sinuses!). i have only been to work one day, and i'm almost hoping that i don't have to go tomorrow either. (not that i really have a car. it's in the shop because there's something wrong with the air compressor. it started smoking this morning... which is quite terrifying, just in case you didn't know.) 
so yeah.
i've gotten a new job and it starts the first week of july! i'm going to be a nanny for a little two year old boy. i'm going to be able to have a life, and go to school, as well as earn money. i'm pretty excited about it. they live really close to my house, which is good for me, especially with gas prices so high. (ugh. and opec isn't gonna do anything until the "market demands it." .... since when does 4 dollars a gallon or more in some places, not constitute the market demanding it?)
so i'm pretty much in limbo right now. i'm trying to go out with friends more, since nick is so far away and i don't get to see him often. i'm trying my hand at "chefing it up" when i have to cook for the family though, just to have a little fun. (i did make a pretty damn good lemon pepper chicken last night. i was really surprised at how juicy it turned out.
i'm still trying to cope with my grandmother dying. i'm not having quite as many "bad days" any more, but i've still had a few things that have brought me to tears.
i'm trying to get into shape. we'll see how that works out. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not that bad using the internet in this place. No one bothers us and I finally got the chance to check out your new blog. If I was internet savy (and not so scared that my computer would get a virus every time I log on) I might have one of these things too. I f only to have something to do besides feeding my sims addiction. -K-